The Canal House is a 300' four-story masonry structure located in Historic Georgetown that predates 1838. The Canal House was originally designed and used as a tobacco warehouse that opened up directly onto the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal (C&O). Since the north elevation sat directly along the C&O Canal access to the north façade presented a real challenge. CWI performed masonry repairs including 100% masonry tuck-pointing along the canal elevation and selective masonry repairs along the Grace Street elevation. In addition repairs were performed to the standing seam metal roof and complete replacement of the gutters and snow guards.